[Rd] R CMD build error during vignettes build

Sebastian P. Luque spluque at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 18:06:57 CET 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to rebuild a package (using R version 3.3.2 (2016-10-31))
that has not seen any changes since it was last built without problems
in previous R versions.  It fails during vignette building with:

---<--------------------cut here---------------start------------------->---
$ R CMD build diveMove
* checking for file ‘diveMove/DESCRIPTION’ ... OK
* preparing ‘diveMove’:
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* installing the package to build vignettes
* creating vignettes ... ERROR
Quitting from lines 432-438 (diveMove.Rnw)
Error: processing vignette 'diveMove.Rnw' failed with diagnostics:
missing values and NaN's not allowed if 'na.rm' is FALSE
Execution halted

There are no problems running the R code resulting from tangling the
vignette.  Specifically, the code referred to in the error is a single
function call, which returns with no warnings or errors, so I have
little to hold on to.  How can I get more verbose debug from "R CMD
build"?

--
Seb