[Rd] OpenBLAS in everyday R?

Juan Telleria jtelleriar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 03:22:05 CET 2017

Julia Programming Language uses also OpenBlas, and it is actively
maintained with bugs being fixed as I have checked it out:

http://www.openblas.net/Changelog.txt

So I still see it ok to be included as an options(...) feature (by default
off, just for safety), over other Blas libraries.

R could not use Intel MKL for legal reasons (I think), because as long that
R ships with GPL libraries, shipping R by default with Non-GPL is illegal.

Cheers,
Juan