[Rd] Problem with a regular expression.

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Thu Aug 17 09:26:19 CEST 2017

Hello,

This seems to be serious.
RGui.exe, fresh session. I've clicked File > New Script and wrote

Oldterm <- c("A", "B", "A", "*", "B")
strsplit(Oldterm, "\\\\)" )

Ran each instruction at a time with Ctrl+r and with the strsplit call
the system froze.

Ctrl+Alt+Del didn't work, I had to go for the power switch button.

sessionInfo()
R version 3.4.1 (2017-06-30)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 7 x64 (build 7601) Service Pack 1

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=Portuguese_Portugal.1252
LC_CTYPE=Portuguese_Portugal.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=Portuguese_Portugal.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C

[5] LC_TIME=Portuguese_Portugal.1252

attached base packages:

[1] compiler_3.4.1

Rui Barradas