[Rd] Poor documentation for "adj" and text()

frederik at ofb.net frederik at ofb.net
Tue Apr 11 21:01:05 CEST 2017

Thanks Ulrich for sharing your experience.

I'm attaching a patch which tries to address the issues you raised.

I agree with you in principle, but I think it makes sense to leave
some details under "Details". However, the descriptions in "Arguments"
should give enough information that a user can get the function to do
something predictable in at least one situation, and I feel this is
not the case at present.

I tried to fix the wording so that 'adj' and 'offset' are no longer
confusing to new users (or to me, every time I forget what they mean).

I also fixed the paragraph on rotated text; it is more correct now, at
least for X11-cairo.

I hope that someone in the Core Team can look this over and apply it.

Thank you,

Frederick