[Rd] Fwd: Re: RSiteSearch, sos, rdocumentation.org, ...?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Wed Sep 7 22:41:16 CEST 2016

Hello, All:

       Jonathan Baron is "giving up" maintaining the RSiteSearch database.

       This breaks three things:  (1) The R Site Search web service that
Baron has maintained.  (2) The RSiteSearch function in the utils
package.  (3) The sos package, for which I'm the maintainer and lead
author.

       Might someone else be willing to take these over?

       For me, the "findFn" capability with "writeFindFn2xls" is the
fastest literature search for anything statistical.  However, I don't
have the resources to take over the management of Baron's R Site Search
database.

       He's provided a great service for the R community for many
years.  I hope we can find a way to keep the system maintained. Failing
that, I could use help in adapting the sos package to another database.

       Thanks,
       Spencer Graves