[Rd] Cluster: Various GCC, how important is consistency?

Gabriel Becker gmbecker at ucdavis.edu
Tue Oct 18 06:27:13 CEST 2016

This absolutely causes it's own problems (and they may be bad enough that
you shouldnt do it) but you can also install an older version of
rcpparmadillo. My switchr package makes this more convenient from within r
but grabbing tarballs from the crank Web archive also works  (in fact
that's what switchr will do in this case).

This, of course will never be more than a stop gap. Eventually, sadly,
you'll likely need a newer operating system. We have the same problems on
our cluster.

Best of luck,
~G