[Rd] Update CRAN submission process

Gavin Simpson ucfagls at gmail.com
Fri May 27 22:33:33 CEST 2016

In the interests of, well, everyone, I will just mention that this is
the wrong list. CRAN != R Core and asking questions about CRAN is OT
for this list as this is for topics related to developing R, the
software.

You should address CRAN questions to the CRAN maintainers, but I
suggest you don't in this instance as these discussions have happened
before. Instead, take a look at R-Hub:
https://www.r-consortium.org/funded-projects, which aims to provide
some of the automated tools you might require in an automated process.
CRAN will still be CRAN, but with R-Hub in place package authors
should know well ahead of uploading to CRAN what problems they might
encounter and can fix them.

HTH

On 27 May 2016 at 13:58, Patrick Perry <pperry at stern.nyu.edu> wrote:

> The CRAN submission process seems in need of a massive overhaul. Why has this process not been automated yet?
>

>> Patrick Perry
> Assistant Professor
> NYU Stern School of Business

Gavin Simpson, PhD