[Rd] as.vector in R-devel loaded 3/3/2016

Morgan, Martin Martin.Morgan at roswellpark.org
Fri Mar 4 13:36:25 CET 2016

I see as below, where getGeneric and getMethod imply a different signature; the signature is mode="any" for both cases in R version 3.2.3 Patched (2016-01-28 r70038)I don't know how to reproduce Jeff's error, though.

> library(Matrix)
> as.vector
function (x, mode = "any")
.Internal(as.vector(x, mode))
<bytecode: 0xe79f88>
<environment: namespace:base>
> getGeneric("as.vector")
standardGeneric for "as.vector" defined from package "base"

function (x, mode)
standardGeneric("as.vector")
<bytecode: 0x29a6bd0>
<environment: 0x299f988>
Methods may be defined for arguments: x
Use  showMethods("as.vector")  for currently available ones.
> selectMethod("as.vector", "ANY")
Method Definition (Class "internalDispatchMethod"):

function (x, mode)
.Internal(as.vector(x, mode))
<environment: base>

Signatures:
target  "ANY"
defined "ANY"
> sessionInfo()
R Under development (unstable) (2016-02-27 r70232)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)
Running under: Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C
 [3] LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
 [5] LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8    LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
 [7] LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NAME=C
 [9] LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] Matrix_1.2-4

[1] grid_3.3.0      lattice_0.20-33