[Rd] [FORGED] Re: Error in texi2dvi

David Scott d.scott at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jun 20 19:28:23 CEST 2016

On 20/06/2016 11:50 p.m., Mikko Korpela wrote:
> On 18/06/16 05:21, Spencer Graves wrote:
>> Hello:
>>

>>        Changes in R seem to have broken the sos vignette, and I don't
>> know how to fix it.  The build on R-forge,
>> "https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=235&log=build_src&pkg=sos&flavor=patched",
>>
>> ends as follows:
>>

>> Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet =
>> quiet,  :
>>    Running 'texi2dvi' on 'sos.tex' failed.
>> LaTeX errors:
>> ! Undefined control sequence.
>> l.1 \Sconcordance
>>                   {concordance:sos.tex:sos.Rnw:%
>> The control sequence at the end of the top line
>> of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
>> Calls:  -> texi2pdf -> texi2dvi
>> Execution halted

>>        What can I do to get this vignette to working again with the
>> least amount of work?
>
> Try commenting out (removing) the following line in your vignette:
>
> \SweaveOpts{concordance=TRUE}
>
> The package builds just fine after doing that, on this computer. The
> R-Forge history of sos.Rnw shows the line was added on May 12,
> revision 237.

This is an annoying RStudio *feature*.

Much as I appreciate RStudio's contribution to the R community, I don't
approve of software which adds code to your document without informing you.

David Scott

David Scott	Department of Statistics
		The University of Auckland, PB 92019
		Auckland 1142,    NEW ZEALAND
Phone: +64 9 923 5055, or +64 9 373 7599 ext 85055
Email:	d.scott at auckland.ac.nz,  Fax: +64 9 373 7018