[Rd] Error in texi2dvi

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sat Jun 18 04:21:20 CEST 2016

Hello:

       Changes in R seem to have broken the sos vignette, and I don't
know how to fix it.  The build on R-forge,
"https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=235&log=build_src&pkg=sos&flavor=patched",
ends as follows:

Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,  :
   Running 'texi2dvi' on 'sos.tex' failed.
LaTeX errors:
! Undefined control sequence.
l.1 \Sconcordance
                  {concordance:sos.tex:sos.Rnw:%
The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
Calls:  -> texi2pdf -> texi2dvi
Execution halted

       I stepped through the vignette line by line without seeing an
error message.  However, when I do "R CMD build sos" on my own computer,
it stops with a similar error message:

Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,  :
   Running 'texi2dvi' on 'sos.tex' failed.
BibTeX errors:
The top-level auxiliary file: sos.aux
The style file: abbrvnat.bst
I found no \bibdata command---while reading file sos.aux
Calls: <Anonymous> -> texi2pdf -> texi2dvi

       When I clicked, "Compile PDF" in RStudio, I first got a pop-up
saying, 'Sweave Noweb syntax? It seems you are using the Sweave-specific
syntax in line(s) 9, 15, 145, 172, 186, 189, 208, 211, 218, 225, 231,
243, 246, 283, 365, 390; you may need Sweave2knitr("sos.Rnw") to convert
it to knitr'.  When I click, "OK", it stops on LIne 146, "Error in
eval(expr, envir, enclos) : object 'hide' not found".  Line 145 reads,
"<<summary.PL,results=hide>>=".

       What can I do to get this vignette to working again with the
least amount of work?

       Thanks,
       Spencer Graves