[Rd] Detecting user interrupts in R_tryEval

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Thu Jul 7 20:53:39 CEST 2016

In R code tryCatch can detect the difference.  Hit control-C (on Unixen) or
Escape
(on Windows) to interrupt the long-running for loop and see that the
interrupt clause
gets called:

> z <- tryCatch(for(i in seq_len(1e8))log(exp(i/10)), error=function(e)e,
interrupt=function(e)e)
^C> dput(z)
structure(list(), class = c("interrupt", "condition"))

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com