[Rd] R-forge down ?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Fri Jul 1 18:35:31 CEST 2016

       I've experienced multiple outages that last for days on R-Forge
in recent years.  Eventually, I write to R-Forge at R-Project.org, and they
get it restarted.

       R-Forge is a great service, and I don't wish to complain,
especially since I'm not paying for it.  Several times I've offered to
help in different ways, but I have not heard a reply.  Many
statisticians, most notably W. Edwards Deming, have made major
contributions to helping people identify and substantially reduce or
even eliminate common failure modes in all kinds of systems -- including
computer systems like R-Forge.  They eventually fix the immediate
problem, but I don't know what they've tried to make the overall system
more reliable.

       Spencer Graves