[Rd] Return options used to configure R

Tom Quarendon tom.quarendon at teamwpc.co.uk
Fri Jan 22 14:07:53 CET 2016

I did have a search, but searching for "configure" just brought up loads of results for how to configure R.
I'm sure it is in the manual, once you know where to look for it and if you know all the manuals inside out.

Looking at the help for R CMD config, it's not actually clear that these relate to the options specified on configure, and it doesn't tell you things like --enable-R-shlib, or --prefix etc.

Anyway, thanks for the info. The Makeconf file is what I want. At least on Linux, doesn't appear to exist on our OSX installation, but we probably installed that from a pre-built package. Ditto Windows.