[Rd] Possibly useful idea

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jan 11 13:57:03 CET 2016

John,

On 11 January 2016 at 07:44, ProfJCNash wrote:
| I've not worked changing underlying computational infrastructure, but
| developers who do might want to use ideas from FlexiBLAS. Apologies in
| advance if this is well-known.

You have been able to do that at the OS level, given a suitable OS variant
like Debian, since the 1990s. My timing comparison package/vignette gcbd does
just that (adjusting before calling R).

I see nothing really new here. It's just dispatching. Sure, if your OS allows
it you can roll it up into the OS. But not all OSs will so appeal to R is
limited.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org