[Rd] accessing data by packagename::dataname from within package code fails.

Witold E Wolski wewolski at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 21:34:36 CET 2016

I have narrowed down the problem.
The error
Error : 'AminoAcids' is not an exported object from 'namespace:bibliospec'
Error : unable to load R code in package 'bibliospec'

occurs only if I try to access the data using bibliospec::AminoAcids

within the initialize method of an R reference class.
It does work, as far as I tested everywhere else. In other methods of
a reference class as well as in free functions.
It also does not work in the initialization list to the initialize function.
So I also can't do something like
initialize = function(aminoAcids=bibliospec::AminoAcids){

I guess this is an R FEATURE.

But then where and how is the best practice to initialize class
members with default values?

Thank you.

--
Witold Eryk Wolski