[Rd] [RE: why does parent.frame() cycle when called from inside capture.output()?]

frederik at ofb.net frederik at ofb.net
Mon Dec 12 09:23:32 CET 2016

Thanks, Mark - I'm taking up your invitation to forward your message
to the list just because it gives us some valuable data on (1) how
long the behavior has been around, and (2) how many other people
(don't) understand the behavior, and (3) how we might fix or work
around it.

I notice some other people also seem to be diffident about posting on
R-devel; perhaps I should conclude that bugs like this are below the
radar for busy statisticians.

FWIW, after playing around a bit with mvbutils::mvb.parent.frame, I
now have a working "desubN" (see the attachment on my original
message, and this one). I don't really have a good understanding of
*why* it now works, and why the original version didn't work...

Thanks again Mark. Also, nice hacking.

Frederick

----- Forwarded message from Mark.Bravington at data61.csiro.au -----