[Rd] ok to segfault with POSIXlt zone=NULL zone=""?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 18:39:32 CET 2016

I agree this is a bug; R should never segfault.  I wouldn't call it a
high priority one, since you can avoid the problem by not messing with
R's internal structures.

It's unlikely to get fixed unless someone posts it as a bug report to
bugs.r-project.org (because low priority bugs reported only on mailing
lists get forgotten).

So please post a minimal example there, possibly accompanied with a
patch.  If you don't have an account, you can write to me privately and
I'll set one up for you.  (We no longer allow people to create their own
accounts because of abuse by spammers.)

Duncan Murdoch