[Rd] A bug in the R Mersenne Twister (RNG) code?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 00:29:18 CEST 2016

I don't see evidence of a bug.  There have been several versions of the
MT; we may be using a different version than you are.  Ours is the
1999/10/28 version; the web page you cite uses one from 2002.

Perhaps the newer version fixes some problems, and then it would be
worth considering a change.  But changing the default RNG definitely
introduces problems in reproducibility, so it's not obvious that we
would do it.

Duncan Murdoch