[Rd] What happened to Ross Ihaka's proposal for a Common Lisp based R successor?

Tim Keitt tkeitt at utexas.edu
Fri Aug 5 20:38:13 CEST 2016

My latest project in R + Rcpp + RcppParallel + RcppEigen ran so fast when I
tested it, I thought it was a short-circuit. Not as clean as pure Julia but
if you like C++ its a pretty sweet environment.

(Incidentally, several of the ideas in Julia came from a discussion about
rewriting R I had with Viral many years ago. Its nice to see them come to
life.)

THK