[Rd] (no) circular dependency

Dmitri Popavenko dmitri.popavenko at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 08:42:55 CEST 2016

Hello all,

I would like to build two packages (say A and B), for two different
purposes.
Each of them need one or two functions from the other, which leads to the
problem of circular dependency.

Is there a way for package A to import a function from package B, and
package B to import a function from package A, without arriving to circular
dependency?
Other suggestions in the archive mention building a third package that both
A and B should depend on, but this seems less attractive.

I read about importFrom() into the NAMESPACE file, but I don't know how to
relate this with the information in the DESCRIPTION file (other than adding
each package to the Depends: field).

Thank you,
Dmitri