[Rd] Hidden files problem in R CMD check
cstrato at aon.at
Sat Sep 26 21:30:14 CEST 2015
When running R CMD check on my Mac (Yosemite 10.10.5) I get suddenly
NOTEs and WARNINGs
that my tar.gz file does contain hidden files.
However, when checking the corresponding directories with 'ls -al' (or
none of these files does exist!! (with exception .BBSoptions).
Here is a partial output of 00check.log:
* using log directory '/Volumes/LumiData/CRAN/xps.Rcheck'
* using R version 3.2.0 (2015-04-16)
* using platform: x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0 (64-bit)
* using session charset: ASCII
* checking for file 'xps/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* this is package 'xps' version '1.29.2'
* checking package namespace information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking if there is a namespace ... OK
* checking for executable files ... OK
* checking for hidden files and directories ... NOTE
Found the following hidden files and directories:
* checking package subdirectories ... WARNING
Subdirectory 'R' contains invalid file names:
'._AffyRNAdeg.R' '._Constructors.R' '._TreeSetClasses.R'
'._bgcorrect.R' '._dabg.call.R' '._dfw.R' '._export.R' '._express.R'
Subdirectory 'man' contains invalid file names:
Does anyone know why these files are listed?
For some reason all these hidden files start with '._'
My suspicion was that maybe there is something wrong with Spotlight
so I excluded the whole volume from Spotlight. This did not help. Adding
again and thus forcing a rebuild for Spotlight did not help either.
What could I do to remove these apparently non-existing hidden files?
e.m.a.i.l: cstrato at aon.at
More information about the R-devel