[Rd] Changed behaviour when passing a function?

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 19:59:12 CEST 2015

Hi all,

When teaching this year's class, I was quite amazed that one of my examples
didn't work any longer. I wanted to illustrate the importance of
match.fun() with following code:

myfun <- function(x, FUN, ...){
    FUN(x, ...)
}
round <- 2
myfun(0.85, FUN = round, digits=1)

I expected to see an error, but this code doesn't generate one. It seems as
if in the current R version match.fun() is added automatically.

I've scrolled through the complete R News section specifying all the
changes and bug fixes, starting from 3.0.0.  I couldn't find anything on
that change in behaviour though. Where can I find more information on what
changed exactly?

Thanks
Cheers
Joris

--
Joris Meys
Statistical consultant

Ghent University
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
Department of Mathematical Modelling, Statistics and Bio-Informatics

tel :  +32 (0)9 264 61 79
Joris.Meys at Ugent.be