[Rd] gcc ubsan alignement test --minimal gcc version?

kaveh vakili.kaveh.email at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 15:46:10 CEST 2015

   Dear All,

   I'm trying to implement the section of the manual pertaining to the
gcc-ubsan test
   carried by CRAN on my local computer (ubuntu 14.04):

   http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/bdr/memtests/gcc-UBSAN/README.txt

   I was wondering whether someone could tell what the minimal version
    of the gcc tool chain needed to run the gcc-ASAN and gcc-UBSAN alignment
   tests on ones local computer is. CRAN seems to use gcc 5.2.0 to do
these tests,
    but the current version of gcc shipped with ubuntu is 4.9.2 (to be
updated to
    5.1.0 with the 15.10 release latter this month).

  I hope this is the correct list to post this.

   Thanks in advance,