[Rd] authorship and citation

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 8 17:15:45 CEST 2015

S Ellison posted:

(quoting someone else, it appears)

>>> I read the CRAN policies twice, and there
>>> is no official guideline on how to compile the citation.

And once again Dr Ellison is not attributing quotes: that is clearly
covered by the posting guide.  Including:

Take care when you quote other people’s comments ...
     The original authorship and meaning should always be clear.

> The policies are about copyright and IP, not credited authorship.

Hmm, people keep saying things like that, but it is not correct.  The
right to be identified as an author is an IP right: in some
jurisdictions it is called a 'moral right' (and there are others).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
1 South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3TG, UK