[Rd] Error generated by .Internal(nchar) disappears when debugging

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 15:13:39 CEST 2015

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 3:02 PM, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 06/10/2015 8:48 AM, Joris Meys wrote:
>

> The reason I wouldn't count your original post as a simple reproducible
> example (and the same applies to what I saw on Stack Overflow), was that
> it required a fairly large package (copula) in the demonstration.  I'm
> not familiar with the internals of that package (or Matt's package
> discussed on Stack Overflow), so it would be a lot of work for me to
> identify what it was in them that triggered the bug.  If the bug had
> required those packages and couldn't be demonstrated without them, then
> it would likely be a bug in those packages, not in R.

Dear Duncan,

thank you for the help and the extra clarification. I'll keep it in mind
for the future.
Cheers
Joris

--
Joris Meys
Statistical consultant

Ghent University
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
Department of Mathematical Modelling, Statistics and Bio-Informatics

tel :  +32 (0)9 264 61 79
Joris.Meys at Ugent.be