[Rd] Using Fortran 90 code in packages for CRAN

Martyn Plummer plummerm at iarc.fr
Wed Mar 18 11:17:32 CET 2015

Everything you need to know is in the Writing R Extensions manual, and
section 1.2.3 in particular. There are restrictions on Fortran 90/95 use
due to portability issues.

Make sure you are following all of the advice in the manual, e.g.:
- Files containing Fortran 90 code should have extension .f90
- Mixed Fortran 9x and C++ code is not supported and there is no
  guarantee that Fortran 9x can be mixed with other languages.
- Free source form Fortran 9x is not portable.
- When using modules, you may need to give compile-order hints to
  parallel make.
- Do not include module files in the source - they are
  compiler-dependent.

Martyn