[Rd] Notes on building a gcc toolchain for Rtools (but not multilib)

Hsiu-Khuern Tang tangoh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 05:11:31 CET 2015

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 8:33 PM, Avraham Adler <avraham.adler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the  update, Hsiu-Khuern. Can you check how many digits
> scientific notation shows? I was able to build a 64bit version of R
> using the mingw64 4.8.4 distro, but ran into trouble with compat.c,
> and the only work-around I found ended breaking R's defualt two digit
> notation and used Windows's three-digit notation; it seems as if you
> did not have this problem.

I get notation like "1e-09".  I think (but am not sure) that there
were some changes in mingw's stdio.h that got rid of the errors about
redefined *sprintf functions.

> Also, do you plan on running 'make check'
> eventually on your build?

I don't have any plans to do that, mainly for fear that I would find
some problems and be sucked down the rabbit hole of trying to solve
them!  Hoping someone else more knowledgeable will take the plunge :)