[Rd] Fixing ambiguous corrections and reattempting to submit package to R

Luck Buttered luckbuttered at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 04:09:53 CET 2015

Hello:

I recently submitted a package to R using devtools:release().

I received no errors, warnings, or notes in R CMD check.

However, I received two notes in devtools::release():

1) checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE
2) checking package dependencies ... NOTE
   No repository set, so cyclic dependency check skipped

After I submitted the package, I was told to fix two things, of which I am
unsure:

1) The Title field should be in title case, current version then in title case
2) checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE

For the first issue, I changed my title field in the DESCRIPTION file to be
title case, as it had been all lower-case. However, I do not know if that
is a sufficient change, given their response wording "The Title field
should be in title case, current version then in title case". If all I need
to do is change my title field to title case, I would imagine their
response would simply be "The Title field should be in title case".

When I did research on the second issue (from websites like these):
1)
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23829978/checking-cran-incoming-feasibility-note-maintainer
2) http://grokbase.com/t/r/r-help/129ncmtvga/r-new-submission-to-cran-note

The first website tells me to ignore the note, with a reference to CRAN
member Uwe Ligges, while the second website tells me to send an e-mail to
cran at r-project.org, and state that I agree to the CRAN repository
policies.

So, would it be correct (of good etiquette) for me to simply change my
title field in the DESCRIPTION field to title case, rerun
devtools::release(), and then send an e-mail to cran at r-project.org, and
state that I agree to the CRAN repository policies (which I did not do the
first time I submitted)?

Thank you for any advice.

Below is the format of my DESCRIPTION file:

Package: packageName

Version: 0.1.0

Title: Title in Title Case that does not end in Period