[Rd] add .emacs.desktop and .emacs.desktop.lock to files ignored by R CMD build?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Jul 15 14:24:34 CEST 2015

On 15 July 2015 at 11:44, Georgi Boshnakov wrote:
| Is it possible to consider adding .emacs.desktop and .emacs.desktop.lock to files ignored by R CMD build?

You do that at your end via a file .Rbuildignore.  From Section 1.3.2 of WRE:

     To exclude files from being put into the package, one can specify a
  list of exclude patterns in file '.Rbuildignore' in the top-level source
  directory.  These patterns should be Perl-like regular expressions (see
  the help for 'regexp' in R for the precise details), one per line, to be
  matched case-insensitively(1) against the file and directory names
  relative to the top-level package source directory.  In addition,
  directories from source control systems(2) or from 'eclipse'(3),
  directories with names ending '.Rcheck' or 'Old' or 'old' and files
  'GNUMakefile'(4), 'Read-and-delete-me' or with base names starting with
  '.#', or starting and ending with '#', or ending in '~', '.bak' or
  '.swp', are excluded by default.  In addition, those files in the 'R',
  'demo' and 'man' directories which are flagged by 'R CMD check' as
  having invalid names will be excluded.

Also, this would have been a splendid question for the new mailing r-package-devel: