[Rd] Programming Tools CTV

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Jan 23 18:55:41 CET 2015

On 23 January 2015 at 05:55, Hadley Wickham wrote:
| I'd strongly second the notion of using github. The biggest advantage
| is that others can easily contribute changes through pull requests
| which lifts much of the burden from your shoulders.

That's "The Theory".

"The Practice" for eight weeks having the High-Performance Computing and
Finance Task Views there (in "source" and a rendered markdown, see [1]) is a
single pull request fixing a one-char typo.

So the jury may still be out on that one.

Dirk

[1] As already shown in the email thread:
        https://github.com/eddelbuettel/ctv-hpc
        https://github.com/eddelbuettel/ctv-finance

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org