[Rd] Programming Tools CTV

Michael Dewey info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 14:55:26 CET 2015

Dear Willem

I maintain the MetaAnalysis CTV.

I have found it quite practicable to do this without special tools. I
use an editor for the XML. I use CRANberries to catch updates and I
usually email people to check I have understood a new package. People
also kindly email me occasionally with news about major changes.

On the other hand since it is the programming tools CTV I imagine you
will want to try out the latest all-singing, all-dancing technology. And
why not.

Michael

On 23/01/2015 13:05, Christophe Dutang wrote:
> Dear Willem,
>
> Personally, I use the R-forge project for the distribution CTV : https://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/ctv/
>
> It’s an alternative option to github.
>
> Regards, Christophe
> ---------------------------------------
> Christophe Dutang
> LMM, UdM, Le Mans, France
> web: http://dutangc.free.fr
>
> Le 23 janv. 2015 à 12:49, Luca Braglia <lbraglia at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> Hi Willem
>>
>> thanks for volounteering.
>>
>> To the best of my knowledge (regarding the machinery side), if you're
>> planning to use github (and maybe even if you don't) you can "stole"
>> ideas from
>>
>> https://github.com/ropensci/webservices
>> https://github.com/lbraglia/PackageDevelopmentTaskView (minor
>> modifications from webservices)
>> https://github.com/eddelbuettel/ctv-finance or
>> https://github.com/eddelbuettel/ctv-hpc
>>

>> HTH, Luca

>> <willem.ligtenberg at openanalytics.eu>:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Sorry if this doesn't end up in the thread.
>>> Tobias Verbeke forwarded that e-mail to me, because he thought I would be interested in maintaining the Programming Tools CTV.
>>> I wasn't subscribed to R-devel yet, but I would indeed like to volunteer to maintain the Programming Tools CTV.
>>>
>>> It will be my first time creating a CTV, so some guidance on getting it setup will be appreciated.
>>> I myself am very interested in better/easier ways to develop faster and nicer code.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Willem

Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk