[Rd] iterated lapply

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 22:54:05 CET 2015

On 23/02/2015 3:57 PM, Daniel Kaschek wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> with the following code I generate a list of functions. Each function
> reflects a "condition". When I evaluate this list of functions by
> another lapply/sapply, I get an unexpected result: all values coincide.
> However, when I uncomment the print(), it works as expected. Is this a
> bug or a feature?

Arguments aren't evaluated until they are used.  The force() function
can be used to force evaluation when you want it.

This is a feature:  it allows you to have arguments that are never
evaluated, because they are never used, or defaults that depend on
things that are calculated within the function.

Duncan Murdoch