[Rd] error code 1 from Lapack routine 'dsyevr'

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Mon Feb 2 17:07:27 CET 2015

You can start diagnosing the problem by capturing the matrix that caused
eigen() to stop.   You can do this in a variety of ways; here is one
    trace(eigen, quote(lastEigenX <<- x))
After setting the trace, make your offending function call and after the
error the global variable 'lastEigenX' will contain the bad matrix.  Take
the trace off of eigen
   untrace(eigen)
If all goes well then
   eigen(lastEigenX)
will cause the same error and you or someone on this list can see what
is odd about that matrix (e.g., by looking at its singular values).

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com