[Rd] updated R-cairo bridge, official R-3.1.*-mavericks.pkg crippled, snpMatrix 1.19.0.20

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 2 03:58:26 CET 2015

The windows replacement is
R-library-grDevices-libs-winCairo_20150122.zip
in
http://sourceforge.net/projects/outmodedbonsai/files/R/

The cairo replacements are just two bundles, windows or OS X - containing
replacements for R 2.15.3, 3.0.3 and 3.1.2. You just extract the relevant one
for your R version.

The windows builds of R packages snpStats x.x.x.8 and snpMatrix 1.19.0.20
were done with link-time optimization. (uploaded last weekend). I'd be interested
if anybody wants to compare the speed of the 1000 genome code
vs 1.19.0.19 on windows. LTO on linux is 10+% faster.

There is a new bug fix in GLM related stuff in snpStats x.x.x.8 . I'd be interested
in anybody supplies an example to demonstrate snpStats 1.17.0 being buggy also.

I haven't decided what to do with link-time optimization of the OS X build -
Xcode/Clang  is the default on OS X though gcc is more familiar
(https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2014-11/msg00268.html) so I probably
will do both and see which one is better at some point.

The package uploads (12 in all, 2 packages x 3 R versions x 2 builds)
are now divided by R versions - those in unversion'ed directories are still for R 2.x.