[Rd] Child thread libR.so

Ryan C Metzger metzger.rc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 16:18:10 CEST 2015

I did some poking around with GDB and confirmed that the advice of
setting R_CStackLimit after init, which is echoed in the "threading
issues" section of the R-exts help document, isn't entirely useful
because init apparently loads the main package which trips over the
broken stack checking.

Stack trace:

#0  R_SignalCStackOverflow (usage=140732197147604) at errors.c:81
#1  0x00002aaaab0625b7 in Rf_eval (e=0x1b7592a8, rho=0x1b753960) at eval.c:545
#2  0x00002aaaab0871ca in R_ReplFile (fp=0x1b69a830, rho=0x1b753960)
at main.c:98
#3  0x00002aaaab087a27 in setup_Rmainloop () at main.c:861
#4  0x00002aaaab14a98b in Rf_initEmbeddedR (argc=<value optimized
out>, argv=<value optimized out>) at Rembedded.c:63