[Rd] OpenMP problem with 64-bit Rtools

Radford Neal radford at cs.toronto.edu
Sat Aug 22 02:38:34 CEST 2015

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 01:30:51AM +0200, Jeroen Ooms wrote:

> This particular behavior exists in all builds of mingw-w64, not rtools
> per se. We might get a better answer in the mingw-w64-public mailing
> list.

A comment near the front of omp.h says "These two structures get
edited by the libgomp build process to reflect the shape of the two
types".  So presumably it is possible to generate the 64-bit version,
and presumably this must have been done in order to compile the 64-bit
version of the OpenMP library that is supplied with Rtools.

Maybe there's no provision in the build process for having two omp.h
files at once, though...

   Radford