[Rd] enableJIT in Rprofile leads to 'not a proper evaluation environment' on startup

Sam Steingold sds at gnu.org
Wed Aug 12 22:33:31 CEST 2015

A commenter on SO suggested that I copy my question to R-devel
http://stackoverflow.com/q/31972325/850781

I have had

library(compiler)
compiler::enableJIT(3)

in ~/.Rprofile for years; now that I upgraded to 3.2.1 I get this on startup:

Error in frameTypes(env) : not a proper evaluation environment
Calls: <Anonymous> -> <Anonymous> -> makeCenv -> structure -> frameTypes
> q()
Warning message:
restarting interrupted promise evaluation

I don't see anything relevant in NEWS.

Replacing 3 with 2 in compiler::enableJIT(3) removes the error.
However, I would prefer my loops to be compiled too.

Suggestions?

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1348
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://dhimmi.org http://www.memritv.org