[Rd] alternate licensing for package data?

Avraham Adler avraham.adler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 23:15:16 CEST 2015

To get around this last problem, perhaps you can take advantage of
CRAN's suggestion regarding large data files [1] where they say
"[w]here a large amount of data is required (even after compression),
consideration should be given to a separate data-only package which
can be updated only rarely (since older versions of packages are
archived in perpetuity)." This would allow you to have a different
license for the data package than for the main package. Whether CRAN
will except a file + LICENSE with "please only use academically" or a
CC-BY-NC, is a different question.

Avi

[1] <http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html#Source-packages>