[Rd] Package compilation woes on submission.

Henrik Bengtsson henrik.bengtsson at ucsf.edu
Tue Apr 7 18:53:58 CEST 2015

I've been there too.  The clang compiler does useful validation and
troubleshooting of your code in addition to what you get with gcc.  I
recommend installing/trying it as a complement to your default setup.

It has a -c option for "Only run preprocess, compile, and assemble
steps" allowing you do check you code as:

    clang -c -pedantic -Wall -I$(R_HOME)/include/ src/*.c

I wouldn't be surprised if this would be enough for you to identify
and fix the problematic code.

Hope this helps

Henrik