[Rd] Pointer ownership with GECreateDevDesc/GEDestroyDevDesc

Paul Murrell paul at stat.auckland.ac.nz
Wed Sep 24 05:54:04 CEST 2014

This seems like the best solution (free and NULL the dev pointer in
dev_Close(), BEFORE GEdestroyDevDesc() has a go).

I think this should be safe because dev_Close() and GEdestroyDevDesc()
are only called in one place (so your free() should always happen before
GEdestroyDevDesc() and your free() shouldn't happen in any other,
potentially inappropriate, context).

Paul

Dr Paul Murrell
Department of Statistics