[Rd] r wiki

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Mon Sep 8 22:15:45 CEST 2014

I want to make a humble suggestion: migrate the wiki to Github, and
build the pages using Jekyll+Markdown. That way, I think it will
attract more volunteers. Simply look how many pull requests that
Hadley has got for his up-coming book hosted on Github
(http://adv-r.had.co.nz): https://github.com/hadley/adv-r/pulls I have
had the experience of maintaining web servers and different wiki/CMS
systems (including Dokuwiki -- I have even written a PHP plugin for
it), and eventually I found I could not afford the time on the job of
a system admin. Now I never do that again, and I just focus on
maintaining the content. Let the professionals do the hosting and
compilation service, and my life has become so much better (no more
worries about security holes and attacks).

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyihui at gmail.com>