[Rd] ggplot2/plyr interaction with latest R-devel?

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 20:42:37 CEST 2014

  I apologize in advance for not having done more homework in advance,
but thought I would send this along to see if anyone else was seeing this.

  I am having some sort of ggplot2/plyr/very-recent-R-devel dependency
issues.

  Just installed

R Under development (unstable) (2014-09-01 r66509) -- "Unsuffered
Consequences"

 from source.

> packageVersion("ggplot2")
[1] ‘1.0.0’
> packageVersion("plyr")
[1] ‘1.8.1’

library(plyr) works

  but then I get:

library(ggplot2)
Error in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck =
  namespace ‘plyr’ 1.8.1 is being loaded, but >= 1.7.1 is required
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘ggplot2’

  I don't remember when I most recently updated my r-devel (it was
probably a few months old); nothing in recent commits rings a bell.

  Works fine on R version 3.1.1 (except for a "ggplot2 built under
3.2.0 warning").

  Does anyone else see this or is it just something weird about my setup?

  Ben Bolker