[Rd] How can I use R-function in My C++ project ? (using optim)

Prof J C Nash (U30A) nashjc at uottawa.ca
Wed Oct 22 14:18:01 CEST 2014

As the author of 3 of the 5 methods in optim, I think you may be wasting
your time if this is for performance. My reasons are given in

http://www.jstatsoft.org/v60/i02

Note that most of the speed benefits of compilation are found in the
objective and gradient function, with generally more minor improvements
in the method.

JN