[Rd] [R logs] Help in develop a simply logs package

DataK - B. THIEURMEL bt at datak.fr
Tue Oct 7 13:04:34 CEST 2014

Hi,

With the use of R in production, it is necessary to have a system of
logs effective, and light.

Package exist as to futile.logger, but it require the additional coding
of logs. So it is thus impossible / very difficult to use it with all
package them used in the calculation

Our idea is to develop one packages global, simple, who would allow to
identify all the errors, warning, message generated by the functions
stop(), warning() and message() stop as well as by signals and
internally code, with log levels configurable later by package,
functions...

One way is to overwrite temporarily the functions stop(), warning() and
message() of base package, but I think is not a good thing, and
furthermore, we lose all signals and internally "message"...

A good use of options(error) seems to do the perfect job, but only for
error...

Our problem / question :
- At present, how it is possible to have the same features for messages
and warnings? (like options(errors)) (I don't find...)
- Would new options be possible in a near future R ?
- Have there better / other possibilities to handle all the warnings,
message of the way which we wish?

Hope is clear. Open to any suggestions.

Thank you in advance

--