[Rd] Changing style for the Sweave vignettes

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Thu Nov 13 17:58:20 CET 2014

As someone who was also annoyed by command line prompts a couple of
years ago, I wrote knitr and removed prompts as well as the
continuation characters (+) by default (FAQ5:
https://github.com/yihui/knitr/blob/master/FAQ.md).

BTW, I do not always trust copying text from PDF. Perhaps it is fine
for code/text in verbatim environments (as Paul indicated above).
LaTeX users are probably aware of ligatures (e.g. for "ff") and the
fact that leading/trailing white spaces are often removed in the PDF
output, which will make "What You Copy is Not What You Get".
Personally I think HTML is more reliable in this respect (<pre></pre>
is more faithful), and this is one of the reasons that I'm in favor of
HTML vignettes instead of PDF when I do not care that much about
precise typesetting (which is not always the most important thing).

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyihui at gmail.com>