[Rd] Pkg creation: Sweave: multiple files vignette: Error in R CMD check

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Thu Nov 6 18:34:02 CET 2014

My guess is that your child Rnw file was not copied to inst/doc during
R CMD build or check. You may read the section 1.4 of the R-exts
manual: http://cran.rstudio.com/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#Writing-package-vignettes

> When R CMD build builds the vignettes, it copies these and the vignette sources from directory vignettes to inst/doc. To install any other files from the vignettes directory, include a file vignettes/.install_extras which specifies these as Perl-like regular expressions on one or more lines. (See the description of the .Rinstignore file for full details.)

So it seems you will need a .install_extras file to make sure the
child Rnw file is copied along with the parent .Rnw. I do not think
you have to obfuscate the path of the child Rnw file like
../../whatever/... but you do have to change its file extension if and
only if you put it under the root directory vignettes/ (it should be
fine if it is under a sub directory).

Regards,
Yihui
--