[Rd] "ERROR: installing package indices failed" message when building my package?

Paul Geeleher paulgeeleher at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 15:37:57 CET 2014

Hey Martin,

Thanks for your reply. I actually have documentation, but I pasted a
version of the output that was created when I removed the .Rd files
(as I suspected they may be causing the problem). Here's the output
when the man files are all included (its more or less the same):

$ R CMD build --verbose r_package_files/
Warning: unknown option '--verbose'
* checking for file 'r_package_files/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* preparing 'pRRophetic':
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* installing the package to build vignettes
      -----------------------------------
* installing *source* package 'pRRophetic' ...
** R
** data
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
Warning: replacing previous import by 'genefilter::Anova' when loading
'pRRophetic'
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices
Error in scan(file, what, nmax, sep, dec, quote, skip, nlines, na.strings,  :
  line 1 did not have 38 elements
ERROR: installing package indices failed
* removing '/tmp/Rtmp6cwCZH/Rinst2f8f69e1ee/pRRophetic'
ERROR: package installation failed

Thanks again,

Paul.

--