[Rd] "ERROR: installing package indices failed" message when building my package?

Paul Geeleher paulgeeleher at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 20:04:29 CET 2014

Hey all,

I'm currently trying to build an R package and don't really know what
to make of the error message I'm getting. I couldn't find anything
helpful online so hopefully somebody here can give me a couple of
pointers. I see the following when I try to build:

s$ R CMD build --verbose r_package_files/
Warning: unknown option '--verbose'
* checking for file 'r_package_files/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* preparing 'pRRophetic':
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* installing the package to build vignettes
      -----------------------------------
* installing *source* package 'pRRophetic' ...
** R
** data
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
Warning: replacing previous import by 'genefilter::Anova' when loading
'pRRophetic'
** help
No man pages found in package  'pRRophetic'
*** installing help indices
** building package indices
Error in scan(file, what, nmax, sep, dec, quote, skip, nlines, na.strings,  :
  line 1 did not have 38 elements
ERROR: installing package indices failed

Thanks in advance for any help!

Paul.

--
Dr. Paul Geeleher, PhD