[Rd] Memcheck: error in a switch using getGraphicsEvent

Christophe Genolini cgenolin at u-paris10.fr
Fri Mar 21 01:02:05 CET 2014

Hi the list,

One of my package has an (other) error detected by memtest that I do not manage to understand.
Here is the message that I get from Memtest

--- 8< ----------------
 > try(choice(cld1))
Error in switch(EXPR = choix, Up = { : EXPR must be a length 1 vector
--- 8< ----------------

The choice function does call the choiceChangeParam function, which is:

--- 8< ----------------
choiceChangeParam <- function(paramChoice){

     texte <- paste("     ~ Choice : menu    ~\n",sep="")

     choix <- getGraphicsEvent(texte,onKeybd=function(key){return(key)})
     switch(EXPR=choix,
            "Up"    = {
                if(xy[1]>1){
                    paramChoice['toDo'] <- "xy"
                    xy[2]<-1
                    xy[1]<-xy[1]-1
                    paramChoice['xy']<-xy
                }else{paramChoice['toDo'] <- ""}
            },
            "Down"  = {
                if(xy[1]<nrow(paramChoice['critMatrix'])){
                    paramChoice['toDo'] <- "xy"
                    xy[2]<-1
                    xy[1]<-xy[1]+1
                    paramChoice['xy']<-xy
            "d" = {
                paramChoice['toDo'] <- "changeCriterion"
                paramChoice['critRank'] <- (paramChoice['critRank']%%length(CRITERION_NAMES)) + 1
            },
            "c" = {
                paramChoice['toDo'] <- "order"
            },
            default={}

            )
     return(paramChoice)
}

choix is a character of lenght 1 since getGraphicsEvent return a character, am I wrong?

--
Christophe Genolini
Maître de conférences en bio-statistique