[Rd] CRAN rejects package because of write statement in Fortran

Marian Talbert mtalbert at usgs.gov
Mon Mar 17 21:30:21 CET 2014

So the best solution I've had just yet for this problem is to convert numeric
to character in C and bypass the Fortran "Write" in that way.  Unfortunately
my C is a bit rusty and I'm having trouble getting this to work.  I image in
the C it should look something like:
void F77_SUB(converti)(char *ch_Result, int
i_Int){*ch_Result=sprintf("%d",*a); }

and in the Fortran something like
call converti(ch_Result,i_Int)

but this is clearly not right any help would be greatly appreciated.